Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Stinky Wednesday

It's hump day already! Time is flying this week because of the holiday tomorrow.

I ran 5.5 miles on Monday. Yesterday morning was very rainy, so I did a couple of miles on the treadmill and then swam last night.

Today I ran 5 miles in downtown Spartanburg. This beautiful clock tower and the flag looked picture perfect.



The last part of my run was on on the Hub City Rail Trail, a flat easy couple of miles.


Here are my splits from today's run:

L1 10:43
L2 9:06
L3 10:53
L4 9:48
L5 9:03

I love the feeling of walking back into the Y with sweat dripping all over me. I know I've accomplished my goal and started the day off right!

Sometimes after a long run I cheat on stretching, but I'm always less sore if i take the time to give my muscles some love.



My breakfast this morning was vanilla yogurt with Bob's Red Mill meusli, fresh stawberries and fresh blueberries. It looked very 4th of Julyish and yummy of course!



SO why is it a stinky Wednesday? It is trash collection day on every street I ran this morning. With the warmer weather, I smelled some nasty things for the entire run!  I even met the trash truck twice, which blended all of those not-so-lovely smells together. Gross!

How is your running going this week? Are you running in a 4th of July race tomorrow?

Hope you are grilling something delightful tomorrow! Stay safe.

Follow my journey at www.Run2BeHappy.blogspot.com or at Run2BeHappy on the BlogLovin' App ~ the best app for keeping up with all of your favorite blogs!


No comments:

Post a Comment