Friday, June 28, 2013

This Dog Can Run!

I have a new running buddy. I figured out that she lives a few houses down from us. She ran 3 miles with me Friday morning.


She enjoyed jumping in the mud puddles to cool off. I almost joined her.


She doesn't care for the last hill either!

We saw some blackberries on our driveway. Almost time to pick them. Yummy!


Yesterday my new friend was waiting on my porch to run again, but I had plans to run with my new human running buddies.

As I mentioned before, one of these girls was a high school classmate. The other is a co-worker of hers. They've both ran several marathons and countless half marathons. I was clearly out of my league! They started off so fast. I nearly chickened out right there, but I lived through ) very hilly miles! Came close to beating my 10k PR from the White Squirrel Festival at just over a 9 minute pace. Not fast, but I'm usually at a 10 minute pace. It seemed fast to me!!

We are going to try it again next Saturday...

Follow my journey at www.Run2BeHappy.blogspot.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment