Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sometimes Life Gets in the Way

I've made a discovery this week. Starting a new blog is much easier when you're on vacation than when you have a real life, a real job!

This week my commute has been a total of 16 hours driving in 4 days, plus lots of meetings and deadlines. Then I rush back to Vacation Bible School at our church. VBS has been so much fun and the kids are wonderful. I've not seen my house in the daylight all week though, and I'm getting very tired.

I have been able to run 12 miles so far this week. This morning I did 3 miles in a steady rainfall. Something about running in the rain makes me feel like a "real" runner. (Usually I feel like I'm just faking it!)

I'm planning to do 5 miles early tomorrow and then... I HAVE A NEW RUNNING BUDDY for the long weekend runs. An old high school friend has been running for years. She has run several halfs, at least one full marathon and countless other races. We're running for the first time together Saturday. We plan to meet at 8 AM and run for 6-7 miles. She says she hasn't been running so it will be a slow pace. I've googled some of her race times though, and I know that she's normally at a much faster pace than me.

I've been looking for a running buddy ever since I decided I want to run a half. So Friday night will feel a little bit like Christmas Eve. Don't misunderstand me. I normally prefer solo running, so I can go at my own pace and not have to talk. With long runs of 12 miles coming up in my training plan within 6 weeks though, I think I might need some distraction in order to meet my goal.

Do you like running solo or with a partner? What are your race goals for the summer?

Everyone else has been taking a picture like this lately, so I thought you might want to see my downward view :)




Remember to get your sweat on today!


Follow me at
www.Run2BeHappy.blogspot.com or find me on the BlogLovin' App at Run2BeHappy!









No comments:

Post a Comment