Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Speedy Hill Training for the 2013 Bele Chere 5k and Dogs, Dogs Everywhere!

Today I am working from home. We live in the mountains, so when I run here, it's always hill training.

In about a month, I will be running in the Bele Chere 5k here in Asheville. Bele Chere is an annual street festival that draws many thousands of people to our area.  

I prefer long slow pace runs. Those runs make me happy and help me leave my troubles behind.  I know I need to do some speed training though, if I want to beat my time in the Bele Chere 5k last year, which was my first race ever. I ran it at 30 minutes exactly.  

This morning I ran 2 miles at just under a 10 minute pace with a 400 ft elevation change. Not great if I want to beat my time from last year.

This husky ran home with me this morning. Not sure where she came from but she's very sweet. I put a note on FB so hopefully someone will come get her. I think she heard we are having a doggie slumber party and wanted to join in the fun.



My sister is in Nashville this week, so we are dog sitting for her.  Add those to our three, and this place has gone to the dogs. LITERALLY!


Trying to start work and this little cutie, Rue, wants more attention. I believe she gets to do whatever she wants at her house... We do not let dogs get on the table!! Holy cow.

 

How was your run today? Do you prefer long slow runs or shorter speed training?
Go get your sweat on!

Follow my journey at www.Run2BeHappy.blogspot.com
or Run2BeHappy on the bloglovin' app for the iPhone!


No comments:

Post a Comment